A SANCTUARY CALLED HEYRI ART VILLAGE

There's a place in this world called sanctuary. It is place where you feel tranquil; a place that makes you excited and blissfully happy or a place where you can spend your time there without getting bored.
It does not have to be a fancy place with nice interior design. It can be an ordinary place. Do you have your sanctuary, fellas?

So yesterday, I visited Heyri Art Village. Based on its name you can guess that it's an artsy place. It's the sanctuary of artists. I did not know why I visited Hyeri. This place was not on my list of 'places to visit in Korea' (as if i have one.lol). I happened to discover this place through internet. It looked so beautiful. Moreover, my roommate also recommended this place to me.

It's a village where there are a lot of buildings. Each building has its own unique architecture style. Don't worry, there are a lot of spot to take picture here.
There are several thematic cafe too! Here you can also find many galleries. It's not free, of course. Most of them will charge you 8000 won for an entrance fee. There are trick eye museum, exotic museum, etc.









The numbers of visitors was quite much. Most of them are families because there are theme park for little kids where they can do several activities.

The best thing in this trip is that I found my sanctuary here! In the middle of walking around without any direction, I found a super nice place called 'Book Cafe' . It is a cafe which looks like a mini library. It has three floors. In each floors you can find huge bookshelves.
I love that place. I love books. I love the smell of paper, to be honest. Weird enough, huh?  








I don't know how to value the uniqueness of each building. However, I enjoyed the aesthetic of this village. I enjoy the weather too. Of course, it is not as noisy as Seoul. So, if you (especially a design students) want to have a short getaway, outside the city but not really far away, Hyeri might be the option!

the girls


Tips: Look on the internet, which spot that you want to visit. It will be even better if you can find map of this village. I could not find the English map there.

How to get there: Hapjeong station, exit #1. Take bus number #2200 Stop at Hyeri Village gate number 1.

In case you're looking for dinner in Hapjeong. Go to exit number 2. There's a Korean restaurant which sells delicious mandu called 'Mapo Mandu'. Have a nice trip to Hyeri. See you on another Sweet Escape.

Labels: