#AtoZofLife - Compassion

Do you want to be happy? That’s a rhetorical question actually. All of the normal human being want to be happy. I want to be happy. You want to be happy. It’s a blessing that we happen to be the happiness confetti, we spread those happiness around. Then, what does it have to do with compassion?


I read one captivating yet ambiguous quote, “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy practice compassion” I don’t have to use deduction or induction method to get the meaning of this quote. It means that compassion is actually the seeds of happiness, either it’s for us or the others. Compassion is defined as a feeling of wanting to help someone.
How should I put it in more practical way? It is said that compassion is more than just an empathetic feeling. For me, we have compassion when we want to go for extra miles to do something. It can be helping others who are in need or fulfilling our responsibility. Because when we do something beyond our limit, we are satisfied and happy. That person can feel it too, when we do everything wholeheartedly, they will be happy.
While I am writing this, I question myself. Who am I to write about a noble thing like compassion? Yes I do help someone. Only to the extent if it is not too burdensome for me.  But then, I think we shouldn’t wait to be a better person first to practice compassion. Compassion, indeed makes us a better one.  

Question to self:
1.      Do I barely help someone wholeheartedly?

2.      Who is the person around me that I can show my compassion?