#AtoZofLife - Effort

It took me much effort to write this part, actually. Effort itself is such a powerful word that I am afraid my writing could weaken the essence of this word. When you google ‘effort quotes’ you’ll know what I am talking about. The quotes about effort mostly comes from great men, namely: Winston Churchill, Napoleon Hill, etc. What got me the most is one from Churchill.

Continuous effort not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential.

Well, count it as blessings if we’re born as smarties. But, that’s not always the case. So many of us often doubt ourselves and our capability to do something just because we think we are not brilliant enough. It hinders us from dreaming bigger and raising our standard.
In fact, intelligence won’t bring us anywhere if we have no effort. Effort does matter. If you truly want to achieve something, you wouldn’t mind to go for extra miles right? Even if we failed to achieve that goal, we would not be disappointed with ourselves if we have put much effort to do it. The most important thing is that we have done our best to finish our part.


Remember, effort is that little extra which differentiates ordinary and extraordinary.

“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith” – 2 Timothy 4:7

Question to self:
1.  Have you fought the good fight? Have you put much effort in the thing you want to achieve?

Labels: , ,